The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced a new online platform called the UDGAM Portal, which aims to help people find their unclaimed deposits or accounts across different banks. This portal, accessible at udgam.rbi.org.in, allows individuals to easily register and log in to search for any unclaimed deposits they may have. With the UDGAM Portal, RBI aims to simplify the process of locating and claiming unclaimed funds, promoting financial transparency and inclusion for all.
RBI UDGAM Portal
The RBI UDGAM Portal is an innovative online platform launched by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). UDGAM stands for “Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access Information.” This centralized web portal is designed to assist individuals in identifying and claiming their unclaimed deposits or accounts across multiple banks. By providing a user-friendly interface, the UDGAM Portal simplifies the process of searching for and accessing dormant funds, enhancing financial awareness and accessibility for account holders. Through this initiative, RBI aims to promote greater transparency and facilitate the retrieval of unutilized funds for the benefit of individuals.
UDGAM Portal Link Overview
|Portal Name||UDGAM RBI Portal|
|Started by||Reserve Bank of India|
|Benefit||Easily Claim of Unclaimed Deposits|
|Beneficiary||Individuals and Non-Individuals with unclaimed deposits|
|Registration and Login Process||Online|
|Starting Date of Registration||18th August 2023|
udgam.rbi.org.in Portal Link RBI
At present, the RBI has introduced a selection of six banks tailored for individual users. These banks include prominent names such as SBI, Punjab National Bank, Central Bank of India, Dhanlaxmi Bank, South Indian Bank, and DBS Bank India. Moreover, for non-individual entities, Citibank stands as the sole option available on the udgam.rbi.org.in portal. However, it’s noteworthy that additional banks are set to be incorporated into the portal’s offerings by the 15th of October, 2023. For seamless access, users can utilize the designated RBI Udgam Portal Login Link: https://udgam.rbi.org.in/.
UDGAM Portal Registration
The UDGAM Portal Registration process provides individuals and non-individuals an easy and efficient way to manage their unclaimed deposits across multiple banks. To initiate the registration, follow these straightforward steps:
➤ Step 1: Visit the UDGAM RBI Portal
- Go to the official website: udgam.rbi.org.in
➤ Step 2: Enter Your Details
- Provide your name and mobile number
➤ Step 3: Create a Password
- Choose a secure password and enter the shown code
➤ Step 4: Proceed to the Next Step
- Agree to the terms and click “Next”
➤ Step 5: Verify with OTP
- Enter the One-Time Password sent to your phone
UDGAM Portal Login
To log in to the UDGAM Portal, visit the website using the link provided. Enter your registered mobile number and password, and click “Login.” You will receive a code on your mobile, which you should enter. Once done, you can access your account and manage your unclaimed deposits.
➤ Step 1: Visit the UDGAM Portal using this link: https://udgam.rbi.org.in/
➤ Step 2: Enter your registered mobile number and password on the login page.
➤ Step 3: A code will be sent to your mobile. Enter this code on the portal.
➤ Step 4: After verifying the code, you will be logged in to your UDGAM RBI Portal account.
➤ Step 5: Now you can access and manage your unclaimed deposits easily.
RBI UDGAM Portal Link
|UDGAM Portal Registration Link||Click Here|
|UDGAM Portal Login Link||Click Here|
|Check Your Unclaimed Deposit||Click Here|
Benefits Of UDGAM RBI Portal
- Convenient Access: The portal provides a centralized platform for easy access to information about unclaimed deposits across multiple banks.
- Simplified Claims: Users can identify their unclaimed deposits/accounts and initiate the process to either claim the deposit amount or activate their deposit accounts at their respective banks.
- Time-Saving: Instead of visiting multiple banks individually, users can search for unclaimed deposits from various banks in one place, saving time and effort.
- User-Friendly Interface: The portal is designed for user convenience, making it easy for both individuals and non-individuals to navigate and retrieve information.
- Enhanced Transparency: The UDGAM RBI Portal promotes transparency by providing clear details of unclaimed deposits, helping users make informed decisions.
- Collaborative Effort: Developed through a collaboration between RBI, Reserve Bank Information Technology Pvt Ltd (ReBIT), Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS), and participating banks, the portal reflects a collective initiative for public welfare.
- Empowerment: Users gain greater control over their unclaimed funds, whether it’s reclaiming deposits or making dormant accounts operational.
- Future Expansion: While currently limited to a select number of banks, the portal will gradually include more banks, further extending its benefits to a wider audience.
Check Unclaimed Deposit On UDGAM Portal
➤ Step 1: Visit the UDGAM Portal by clicking on this link: https://udgam.rbi.org.in/.
➤ Step 2: Look for the option to “Check Unclaimed Deposits” on the portal’s homepage and click on it.
➤ Step 3: If you have an account, log in using your mobile number and password. If not, register by clicking on “Register” or “Sign Up.”
➤ Step 4: Complete any verification steps, providing necessary information like your name, account details, or identification numbers.
➤ Step 5: After verification, you’ll see a search form. Enter details such as your name and bank name.
➤ Step 6: Click “Search” to initiate the search for unclaimed deposits linked to your account.
➤ Step 7: If unclaimed deposits are found, the portal will display relevant information like bank name and deposit amount.
➤ Step 8: Depending on the results, you can proceed to claim the deposit amount or follow the portal’s guidance.
➤ Step 9: If no unclaimed deposits are found, the portal will indicate this.
Beneficiary Of RBI UDGAM Portal
The beneficiaries of the RBI UDGAM Portal are individuals and non-individuals who have unclaimed deposits in the participating banks. This portal provides a centralized platform for account holders to easily identify and access their unclaimed deposits across multiple banks. It offers a convenient way for both individuals and non-individual entities to claim their funds or make their deposit accounts active, ensuring that the unclaimed deposits are effectively utilized by the rightful owners.
In conclusion, the RBI’s UDGAM Portal serves as a valuable tool for individuals and non-individuals to conveniently locate and claim their unclaimed deposits from various banks. With its user-friendly interface and centralized approach, the portal aims to ensure that rightful owners can access their funds easily and efficiently, promoting financial awareness and empowerment.
What is the UDGAM Portal?
The UDGAM Portal is a centralized web platform launched by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to help individuals and non-individuals locate and claim their unclaimed deposits from different banks.
Who can benefit from the UDGAM Portal?
The UDGAM Portal benefits both individuals and non-individuals who have unclaimed deposits in various banks.
Which banks are currently available on the UDGAM Portal?
As of now, the UDGAM Portal includes the State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank, Central Bank of India, Dhanlaxmi Bank, South Indian Bank, DBS Bank India, and Citibank for non-individuals.
How can I check for unclaimed deposits on the UDGAM Portal?
A: To check for unclaimed deposits, follow these steps:
Visit the UDGAM Portal at udgam.rbi.org.in.
Register and log in to your account.
Enter relevant details like your name, bank name, PAN number, etc.
The portal will display the search results.
What if my bank is not currently listed on the UDGAM Portal?
If your bank is not listed, you may need to wait until October 15, 2023, as more banks will be added to the portal in phases.